Bird Festival essentials
Weather and clothing
- San Quintín presents a Mediterranean climate. In winter, the maximum temperature is 20 Celsius degrees (68° F) and the minimum is 2 Celsius degrees (35° F). It’s important to check the weather conditions at https://weather.com/
- Temperature can drop considerably at night: bring comfortable and light clothing, pants, long-sleeve shirts, jacket, winter hat, gloves, etc.
- Bring closed footwear (trekking and hiking), an extra pair of shoes, a windbreaker jacket, a cap or hat, sunscreen, proper clothing for the activity, sunglasses, a reusable water bottle, and snacks.
- There is limited public transportation service in San Quintín and there is no UBER service.
- A four-wheel drive is recommended due to road conditions since most of them aren’t paved.
- The emergency number is 911
- Bring a first-aid kit and personal basic medicines (for headaches, dizziness, allergies, etc.).
- For safety, we will have an ambulance and the assistance of Grupo En-sar Búsqueda y Rescate de Ensenada, experts on rescues and emergencies in remote areas.
- It’s important to bring cash! Not all restaurants accept card payments.
- There are ATMs of the following banks: HSBC, Citibanamex and BBVA Bancomer.
- You can bring your pets as long as they wear a leash at all times.
Respect and enjoy nature
- Enjoy birds from a distance and use binoculars. We recommend a distance of at least 98 feet.
- The Bird Festival will take place close to the Punta Mazo and Monce Ceniza nature reserves, please respect plants and animals, and stay on marked trails.
- This festival is conceived under a mindfulness philosophy. This means that we promote birdwatching as a form of meditation.
- Bring your reusable water bottle and coffee cup, as well as reusable tuppers, straws and cutlery.
- Help us to keep the bay clean! Pick up your trash and place it in the proper containers. If there are no containers nearby, please take the trash with you until you find one.
- The festival is developed under the principles of Leave No Trace, which means it is an event of low environmental impact.
For more information, send us an email to