How to get to San Quintín?
From San Diego
- Travel time: between 5 and 6 hours.
- There are 3 toll booths between Tijuana and Ensenada that have signs to indicate the amount to be paid in US dollars and Mexican pesos.
Follow the route on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/paKWSogG9HK2
- Follow the Transpeninsular highway.
- Travel time: between 3 and 4 hours.
- There are not toll booths between Ensenada and San Quintín.
Follow the route on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/n1gaebHTSLr
Map of activities
Drive your own vehicle
Take into account that most of the roads leading to where the activities will be held are not paved, and a 4×4 vehicle is recommended.
There are vehicle rental companies in the Tijuana International Airport and in the San Diego International Airport.
Vehicle rental sites in Ensenada:
Bus from Ensenada to San Quintín
- Travel time: 3.5 hours
- Ticket price: $290.00 Mexican pesos
- Timetables: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 2:25 pm, 4:00 pm, 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm
- Departure: Bus Terminal in Ensenada, Avenida Riveroll 1030 Zona Centro, between Calle Diez and Calle Once
- Important note: the Bus Terminal does not have online service and you need to go there to buy the tickets. They accept cash and debit or credit card payments.
Ask for a ride or carpool
Join the Facebook group Festival de las Aves en San Quintín to ask for a ride or for carpooling.
For more information, send us an email to