We focus our environmental conservation work in Baja California, altough we have presence in other states in Northwestern Mexico like Sonora, Sinaloa and Baja California Sur.
Terra Peninsular protects and manages:
- Reserva Natural Valle Tranquilo, located south Ensenada, between San Quintín and El Rosario.
- Reserva Natural Punta Mazo, located within San Quintín Bay.
- Reserva Natural Rancho La Concepción, in the Sierra San Pedro Mártir.
- Reserva Natural Monte Ceniza, in San Quintín Bay.
- Destination agreements in San Quintín.
- Concessions in San Quintín.
Also Terra Peninsular has worked to protect San Quintín Bay with different certifications, such as:
- WHSRN site.
- RAMSAR site.
- San Quintín BayWaterkeeper.
- We work to conserve the natural ecosystems of the peninsula of Baja California.
- We protect habitats that are home of many species to ensure their presence.
- We seek to mantain the succesful functioning of ecological processes.
Terra Peninsular’s conservation projects are aligned to these programs and follow a logical sequence that connects all of them, to increase our conservation impact.
- Identifying conservation sites where biodiversity requieres additional attention to survive.
- Monitoring and implementing other conservation activities that guarantee habitat and species stability.
- Promoting the value of natural spaces for local residents and the public to appreciate. By doing this, we make an effort to preserve the treasures of Baja California as a legacy for future generations.
We work on three strategies: