Between April and September
Members of the project
This campaign was launched by Terra Peninsular together with:
- Pacífica at Ensenada Bay
- Ellos Son La Razón
- Contacto Salvaje
- Zona Federal Marítimo Terrestre del XXII Ayuntamiento de Ensenada
This is a campaign launched by Terra Peninsular to protect shorebirds that breed on the beaches of Ensenada between April and September.
- Install a seasonal fence on the beach.
- Rescue and rehabilitate homeless dogs on the beach.
- Organize environmental education events.
- Ban vehicles on the beach.
- Organize beach cleanups.
- Press conference on June 5, 2018 to announce the campaign “La Playa Es De Todos” (The beach belongs to everyone, in English).
- World Environment Day Celebration on June 9, 2018.
- Monitoring the area to register snowy plover’s nests.
- Installing a seasonal fence to protect the nesting area of the snowy plover.
- Launching a petition to banto ban vehicles on the beach of Ensenada on www.change.org
- Rescue and rehabilitation of homeless dogs in the area.
- Organize a beach cleanup on September 22 in front of Pacífica and La Lagunita to celebrate the International Coastal Cleanup.
How to help?
- Please don’t litter and help keep the beach clean
- Leash your dog and walk away from the birds
- Walk outside of the seasonal fence
- Don’t drive ATVs and cars on the beach
- Sign the petition to ban vehicles on the beach of Ensenada in Mexico!